Honey I think I saw the Moon (Honeymoon Pt 1)
Nothing special about the title but rather a reference to my recent honeymoon with my new hubby!
It was an adventure I certainly won’t be forgetting, especially straight after an action packed fun filled dance crazy but ever so lovely wedding!
Now the honeymoon can only be told through pictures but here’s a summary (the way it’s written is totally on purpose, and reflects how I was feeling at the time. Tired and not at all concerned about grammar or punctuation!)
Leave Heathrow evening(ish) - check in for flight to Bangkok - A very long mushroom filled flight - landed in Bangkok - missed connecting flight to Phuket but got a sassy escort (guide) to our new flight - lots more waiting and browsing in strange shops - catch flight to Phuket with cole food and very close seats and strange music - land in a humid airport - fetch bags - wait 2hrs for our prebooked taxi with wired looking silly driver - about an hours drive to our ocean front villa in Khao Lak … Phew!
So now we’re in Ramada Resort Khao Lak - gauva juice and refreshing cold towel on hand to greet us (and a chorus of frogs, and one in the lobby) - short walk through a ‘jungle’ with weather like a tropical rainforest to our HUGE room with jacuzzi bath big enough for two :-) and straight to bed!
Our time in Khao Lak (a summary)
- Monday- very rainy - missed breakfast - lots of lazing around and of course eating
- Tuesday - Rainy, hot, frizzy hair, got breakfast, experienced Phuket Fantasea (nothing sea related at all!!!) had two or three plates at the largest seated buffet, and saw dancing elephants (and pooing ones too… YUCK!)
- Wednesday - no rain, beach day, bikini wearing, photo posing, more food eating chilled out day, walk around the village, you want “Thai Massssssaaaaaaage” heard way too many times, nice lunch!!!
- Thursday - no rain, scorching hot, no air, thought I was melting at some point, lots of lazing around, chilled out evening (besides the misguided hotel staff directions) at IngFah - an experience like no other. Camp DJ, great selection of food, coloured chairs and cubes and happy hour!! Woohoo!!!
- Friday - last day!!! Sad times, bitten too many times, breakfast, sleep and lots of waiting around for the taxi to take us onto our next part…
To Tokyo and Beyond…part 2 coming soon!